If ICE Agents Show Up At Your Door:
1. Do not open the door!
- You do not have to let them in unless they show you a warrant signed by a judge. Tell them to show the warrant through a window or slip it under the door.
2. Remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you.
- Say, “I choose to remain silent.” If the agents do not speak your language, ask for an interpreter.
3. If you are arrested, do not sign any paperwork. Ask to speak to a lawyer immediately.
- Do not bring your immigration documents with you. Make sure they are in a secure place and a trusted individual knows how to access them.
4. If they force their way in, don’t resist.
- Tell everyone in the residence to remain silent.