Easy Ways to Support the ACLU of Arizona’s Work
- Join or renew your membership. There’s strength in numbers. With more members, we’re better equipped to hold elected officials accountable.
- Be a social media ambassador by following the ACLU of Arizona on Facebook and Twitter. Please share and retweet ACLU of Arizona action alerts, which often ask people to call or email elected officials about our most pressing concerns. Let’s make our voices heard!
- Know your rights. Check out the ACLU’s online "Know Your Rights" guides. They summarize your rights when protesting, interacting with police, voting, and in many other situations. Share these materials with others.
- Tell us if the government has violated your rights in Arizona.
- Sign up to take action and encourage others to do the same.
- Text “ACLU” to 826-23 to start getting ACLU SMS messages. These are incredibly helpful for increasing the number of calls we’re making to elected officials.
- Host a house party to raise funds for the ACLU of Arizona.
- Ask your friends and family to donate funds to the ACLU of Arizona in your honor for a wedding, birthday, graduation, or other event.
- Be our eyes and ears across Arizona. If you see civil liberties being violated or suspect they are being violated, let us know. We’re especially interested in having community members monitor the goings-on of local government, where many civil liberties violations occur and go unreported.
- Spread the word about the ACLU of Arizona’s work and values. When you read something related to the ACLU’s work in the newspaper, show your support for the ACLU by writing a letter to the editor or op-ed in response.
The ACLU of Arizona is grateful for the support of people from across the state. As a legal organization, our volunteer opportunities for non-attorneys are limited and are typically filled by interns (click here for more information about our available internship opportuntities) who are able to dedicate a significant amount of time to the organization over several months.
If you would like to volunteer with Demand to Learn, the ACLU of Arizona's education equity campaign aiming to stop student push-out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in learning more abou the Campaign for Smart Justice, a multiyear effort to reduce Arizona’s jail and prison population by 50 percent and to combat racial disparities in the criminal justice system. Stop by an event!