You belong at the 2018 ACLU Membership Conference — especially in a time when civil liberties and the most vulnerable of communities are under attack. Every day news stories horrify us, and it can feel like all the progress we have made is being stolen from us. But we can fight back effectively and overcome the current administration.
Come learn and be inspired, and become an even more effective advocate for freedom. Taking place June 10-12 in Washington, D.C., the Membership Conference is an extraordinary opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with fellow ACLU members from around the country and to hear from guest speakers like:
- Representative John Lewis, member of Congress and former Chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC)
- Senator Elizabeth Warren, member of Congress
- Cecile Richards, former president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of Black Lives Matter
- Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative
The conference will also feature celebrity entertainment, film premieres, and in-depth trainings where you will be part of a dialogue about important topics like race in America, women's rights and the #MeToo movement, indigenous justice, voting rights, and more.
Meet fellow ACLU supporters, and hone your skills in advocacy to take charge during the legislative session, local elections, protests and more.