The ACLU of Arizona's Demand to Learn campaign is excited to invite activists and organizers to apply to an organizing internship. The internship is a unique opportunity to grow your organizing, advocacy, and leadership skills while working on a dynamic campaign on education equity in Maricopa County. Folks who are both new to organizing or experienced activists are encouraged to apply.
Interns will work closely with the ACLU of Arizona’s Demand to Learn organizer and volunteers.
Organizing and Outreach
- Co-develop logistics for monthly outreach events
- Support development of campaign meetings
- Support in recruitment of directly-impacted families and potential volunteers
- Support volunteer leadership development and participation
- Suggest social media content
Interns will work approximately 10-15 hours a week. Scheduling depends on intern’s individualized work plan. Availability for evening meetings is a plus. The internship lasts until May, 2020.
- Passion for social justice, civil rights or civil liberties;
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated follow through with deadlines;
- Self-starter with ability to initiate and complete work with limited supervision;
- Time management skills; and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in community organizing, volunteer coordination, organizing, or lobbying;
- Access to personal transportation.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Justice involved/ “School pushout” individuals strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email a resume and cover letter by September 1, 2019 describing your experience and why you would be a good fit for this position in .pdf (preferred) or .doc/.docx format to the attention of Cynthia Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include two references. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please contact Cynthia Diaz at 602-773-6050 with questions.