- About Us
- Action Center
- Get Help
- In The Courts
- At The Capitol
The ACLU of Arizona Publications
As part of our work in the defense of civil liberties, the ACLU of Arizona issues reports, position papers, booklets and advocacy materials that study and note developments in civil liberties. Below is a listing of some of our publications organized by issue.
- Download and carry the ACLU’s know your rights card when dealing with law enforcement (en Español)
- Protecting What Works: Juvenile Diversion in Maricopa County, July 2011
- A Force to be Reckoned With: Taser use and policies in 20 Arizona law enforcement agencies
- The Police Executive Research Forum (PERF) 2011 Electronic Control Weapon Guidelines Report
- What's Happened to Free Speech? - This 15-page publication includes numerous free-speech cases the ACLU has worked on: Click here
- You have a constitutionally protected right to engage in peaceful protest, but the government can impose "time, place, and manner" restrictions on speech. Read more about the Rights of Protesters.
- Click here for Arizona State Capitol Grounds regulations on assembly and protesting. Contact the Arizona Legislative Council office for application and more information.
- Taking photographs of things that are plainly visible from public spaces is a constitutional right. Know your rights when you photograph law enforcement.
- Information on Phoenix camping ordinences and other Know Your Rights information for those who are Homeless in Phoenix.
- The ACLU of Arizona honored International Human Rights Day by joining advocates and allies from across Arizona to deliver messages of hope and solidarity to detainees held at Pinal County Jail.
- Detention Report 2011: In Their Own Words: Enduring Abuse in Arizona Immigration Detention Centers
- Download and carry the ACLU’s know your rights card (en Español)
- Your Rights: What YOU Need To Know About SB 1070
- A Snapshot of Immigration Detention in Arizona
- Read the Rights of Immigrant Day Laborers
- Rights of Immigrants in a Workplace Raid: A Resource for Communities Before, During and After a Raid: This bi-lingual handbook informs people about their rights during a workplace raid in Arizona. The handbook, which is the first of its kind in Arizona, also provides general information about what workers, families, and communities can do to prepare for a raid, and steps they can take after a raid. Oprime aquí para bajar esta guia en Español.
- Fact sheets on: 287(g) agreement
- ACLU Border Rights ENGLISH
- ACLU Border Rights SPANISH
- Constitution Free Zone
- Defending the 14th Amendment(en Espanol)
- FAQ Defending the 14th Amendment (en Espanol)
- Time for Reform: Immigration Reform without Hyper-Militarization
- Driving While Black or Brown: An Analysis of Racial Profiling in Arizona: Oprime aquí para bajar este análisis en Español.
- Summary of School to Prison Pipeline issues in Arizona
- Know Your Rights When Encountering Law Enforcement. (en Español)
- Students' Rights Handbook: A Manual for Arizona Public High School Students
- Voter Empowerment Card - This voter empowerment card is a must have reference about your voting rights on election day. Click here to download.
- ACLU of Arizona Report on Provisional Ballots
- Get back your right to vote: A guide to help former felons in Arizona
- General Information on Felony Disenfranchisement in Arizona
- Get back your right to vote - Voting is a fundamental right and a cornerstone of our democracy, yet millions of Americans have had their right to vote revoked for periods ranging from the time spent incarcerated to a lifetime. In 10 states, you can lose your right to vote for life. The ACLU is fighting to restore the voting rights of formerly incarcerated people so that they, like all Americans, will be heard.
- Get Busy. Get Equal. LGBT Flyer
- Know Your Rights! A guide for LGBT students
- You Have the Right to be Yourself - LGBT Rights Pocket Card
Privacy and Technology
- Know Your Rights At The Airport - Check out this handy travel guide to know your rights when dealing with TSA while traveling. Click here to download..
- Cloud Computing: Storm Warning For Privacy